2017 – Avenue Q School Edition
2014 – Fawkes the Quiet Guy
2014 – CATS Youth Group Production
2013 – RENT School Edition
2011 – Our House
2011 – Vampires From Space
2009 – Hairspray
2008 – Dick Whittington
2008 – We Will Rock You
2007 – Magical Mixture
2006 – The Rumpelstiltskin Racket
2005 – Bats Entertainment!
2005 – 3 In 1
2004 – Sinbad
2004 – Revue-ing The Situation
2003 – Joseph
Our production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was runner up in the recent NODA South East award for Youth production (winner was ROADS based in Romsey, for their production of Seussical). Director, Nick Brannam and Musical Director, Rachel Glover, along with Jack Baldwin (Joseph) and Hazel Baldwin (Narrator) accept the scroll from the NODA President, Chris Ingram.
All through the summer holidays, day workshops will be taking part at Market Chambers, Basingstoke, based around well-known musicals. Award-winning director, Nick Brannam, will be leading these workshops, and registration is now open for all aged 7 to 17.
Cost is £10 per workshop, which will run from 9am until 5pm. We also offer a discounted price of £60 if 7 or more are booked at the same time per person. The only exception to this price is the Soloist audition for the Charity Show – this will be £5 for a workshop and audition because it is only 4 hours long.
Pre-registration is required as each workshop needs a minimum of 10 people so to guarantee your space, please register with your form and fee to reach us two working days before the chosen workshop (ie by Wednesday 20th if wishing to attend on the 22nd, etc)
The Over 55s Forum is a charity show that will be performed on October 1st 2016 which BATS Next Gen have been asked to produce. This is usually a sell-out show held in the afternoon in the presence of The Mayor of Basingstoke and Deane. Children taking part in any of the workshops will be eligible to take part in the show, with attendance at the rehearsal on the 2nd September a requirement. If they would like to be considered as a soloist, there are auditions on the 19th August. The show will also see performances by BATS Next Gen Avenue Q School Edition cast, BAOS Limelight, Basingstoke Academy of Dancing, M&M Academy and Footsteps Dance School.
For more information about any of the workshops please email email@example.com.
- 22nd August – Shakespeare Workshop.The Tempest – there’s a Magician, a King, a witch’s son, a magical creature, storms on the high seas! Come and be shipwrecked on an enchanted island where anything can and does happen!
Cost is £10 for the 9-hour workshop, run by our wonderful chairman, Fiona Morgans. To check availability, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd September – rehearsal for all workshop attendees wishing to perform in the Charity Show, as well as audition for solo performances from the shows featured during the workshops. 9am – 5pm £10.
- 1st October – Queen Mary’s College, Basingstoke at 2:30pm Over 55s Forum Charity Show. Ticket details will be announced soon for this charity event incorporating music and dance from BATS Next Gen, BAOS, Basingstoke Academy of Dance, M&M Dance Academy and Footsteps Dance School.
- 1st October – Principals of Avenue Q School Edition perform at The Variety Show, The Anvil Basingstoke at 7:30pm.
- 23rd – 25th February 2017 – Avenue Q School Edition at The Haymarket Theatre, Basingstoke. Tickets will be on sale soon at Anvil Arts Box Office.
- 12th April – 14th April 2018 – Les Miserables at The Haymarket Theatre, Basingstoke. Audition information will be announced in the future.